Road to 1.0

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 26 12:33:24 CDT 2007

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Sunday 25 March 2007 16:39:01 Dan Kegel wrote:
>

>> Here's a try at a 1.0 wish list:
>>

> I would like to see Wine 1.0 'fake' some suitable version
> of Internet Explorer, say 6.

We almost have it. The main missing bit that causes apps not to find our
IE is lack of registry keys. The problem with it is that some installers
check these registries and if they don't find IE, they install it.
Alexandre wants to make sure these apps work with builtin IE before
setting them by default (as we would prevent such apps from installing
IE). Currently we don't really know which apps need more work as we
don't have any list of them...

ATM there are much more apps that would benefit from these registries
than those that would be broken IMO. Also we may always tell users to
remove registries/install IE - that's something exactly inversed to what
we do now for other apps.

Jacek