Direct3D viewport problems

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:17:23 CDT 2007

On 01/05/07, Robert Fairlie <rfairlie at kylebank.com> wrote:
> Since iSize is only about a fifth of the window height, I would expect the
> arrow to be displayed at the bottom left of the window. but it's actually
> being displayed at the top left. The main part of the scene rendered with
> the first viewport settings is fine.
>
> The code does as expected in Windows, so I was wondering if anyone knows of
> any problems in this area. I'm also having problems with CD3DFont which I
> think might be related to this.

Direct3D coordinates are flipped compared to GL coordinates, so it
certainly sounds like a something that could go wrong. You didn't
explicitly mention if you are rendering offscreen with the second
viewport as well, but I'm assuming you are.

Could you write a minimal test case to reproduce the problem? My
initial guess would be that
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=blob;f=dlls/wined3d/state.c;h=1a0bcdd8e185e83b6af94dc5a0f020ad5e568164;hb=HEAD#l3141
is the relevant code, but depending on the offscreen redering mode
selected (in wine) there are potentially other places where things
could go wrong as well.