USB device support in wine

Tom Spear speeddymon at
Fri May 4 03:01:23 CDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Jon Burgess <jkburges at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have found some talk of implementing USB device support in wine in this
> list some time ago (2005), but as far as I know, nothing ever came of it.
> I would perhaps be interested in getting this going again, as I have an
> application (Serato Scratch Live:
> for which the software
> appears to run ok under wine (not that I am able to test much of its
> functionality on the other hand), but is utterly useless without support for
> its associated USB hardware device.

One thing is that you need to make sure that the hardware is detected
and usable by Linux prior to trying to implement support for it in
wine.  If linux can't see it, then wine won't be able to, just like if
you dont have the drivers installed in windows, then you wont be able
to use it within the application on windows.

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!