New Gecko package

Jacek Caban jacek at
Tue May 22 15:55:56 CDT 2007

Hi Vitaliy,

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Jacek Caban wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> It's time to update our Gecko package. I've prepared a new one. I'd like
>> to avoid any regression, esp. ones that would require changing the
>> package again. That's why I'd like to do a good test. I'm interested in
>> regressions, so just a simple test if app that worked before still works
>> will be fine. To do so download:
> wine iexplore crashes for me.

Could you please send me seh,tid,mshtml,shdocvw logs?

>> Expected visible difference should be:
>> - Working scrollbars (still not perfect, they will be visible even if
>> app sets it to not be, but it's better than before - I will work on it
>> later)
> Sweet, they finally do work in steam!

Seriously it still doesn't work as expected (Steam draws its own
scrollbar, while currently Gecko's ones are painted, but it's a step

> BTW why JavaScript doesn't work or any pop-up windows don't open? I know
> this works fine with Firefox.

It needs some support from Gecko embedder (MSHTML in our case) and I
haven't worked on it yet (with exception of built in alert pop-up).

Thanks for testing!