Bug triage, or spam?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:04:00 CDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Ben Hodgetts <ben at atomnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Can someone explain to me the point of closing bugs please? If it's
> resolved one way or another then surely that's enough? Just seems like a
> waste of effort to be honest.

Well, I can tell you this about it, it's supposed to work like this:

- User reports bug
- Developer looks into bug, and eventually fixes it, at which point he
marks it resolved, and asks user to verify
- User says yes it is resolved and marks it verified, or says no it is
not, at which point developer reopens bug, and the process repeats
- Once marked verified, developer then goes back and closes bug.

It hardly ever works that way, unfortunately, but I prefer to see a
bunch of closed bugs than ones that are sitting marked resolved as
invalid, or resolved as works for me, etc, since invalid isnt really
"resolved", and neither is works for me..  Thats why I go thru and
close the bugs that are just left resolved for more than a month or 2.

--
Thanks

Tom