Valgrind results for Oct 9: still lots of hangs

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Nov 9 14:34:21 CST 2007

Results for today's git (plus my dde patch) are online at
 http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/20071109/

ole32/tests/marshall.c has always been hanging
when run under valgrind.   In the last two days,
the following additional tests hang under valgrind:
 mshtml/tests/dom.c
 mshtml/tests/htmldoc.c
 ole32/tests/marshal.c
 shdocvw/tests/webbrowser.c

I can reproduce one hang with
  cd dlls/mshtml/tests
  make testclean
  wineserver -k
  RUNTEST_USE_VALGRIND=1 make test
(with the wine-vg-utils.patch I provide.
Make by itself does not behave well under valgrind,
so you can't just do "valgrind make test").

Sadly, I don't have time to do a regression test, but
it's pretty easy to repeat my results.  See
http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_and_Valgrind
It'd be nice if somebody else verified that
these hangs occur for them too, that they didn't
occur with wine-0.9.48, and maybe
did a regression test to find out when they started...
- Dan