Are *any* games as popular as World of Warcraft?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at
Mon Oct 1 14:36:26 CDT 2007

> On 10/1/07, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at> wrote:
> > On 10/1/07, Daniel Remenak <dtremenak at> wrote:
> > > No other single game has the market penetration and staying power of
> > > WoW as things stand.
> >
> > I think starcraft has it beat for penetration and staying power,
> > actually. But WoW is the current money maker.
> Call of Duty and Starcraft do show up pretty well, thanks.
> Here's the best graph I was able to put together so far:

Call of Duty is popular but I would say that CounterStrike (+ CounsterStrike Source, the port to the Source engine) are way more popular.

More and more games these days are distributed using Steam. That's something to watch too.

Der kanns mit allen: