Wine 1.0 bugs, release criteria

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at
Tue Oct 16 16:55:49 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 20:35:26 Denali Coldstar wrote:
> Dan Kegel <dank <at>> writes:
> >*
> *>* At Wineconf 2007, I was appointed to be the guy who decides
> *>* (with Alexandre's approval) what bugs are 1.0 bugs and what aren't.
> *>* So I've started adjusting the "Target Release" fields on a few
> *>* bugs in Bugzilla.
> *>* Over the next month or so, I'd like Wine developers to nominate
> important
> *
> >* Comments?
> *>* - Dan
> *>*
> *>
> ===
> Good Afternoon,
> I believe Ventrilo meets the criteria set forth in
>  In the gaming community, when
> you use VOIP applications, it generally boils down to TeamSpeak and
> Ventrilo.  While TeamSpeak has a Linux native client, Ventrilo doesn't.  I
> can't necessarily say Vent holds 50% of the market, but I feel safe in
> saying it holds a significant share of it.  This is mainly based on the
> fact several companies have sprung up over the years to offer hosting of
> Vent servers.  The client can be freely downloaded from the Ventrilo
> website (, but I'm not sure if it can
> be grabbed with wget.  Lastly, it does not have an autoupdate but it will
> pop up a notice if a new version is available.
> If it is found that Ventrilo would be a suitable program for consideration
> in the 1.0 release, the following issues would need to be addressed:
> Thank you for reading this post.
> Steve

Hello all,

I would like to nominate bug #5828.  It causes the system cursor to be
displayed instead of the proper game cursors in games such as C&C Generals
and C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, making them less eye-catchy and harder to play.
There is a proposed patch (not suitable for inclusion according to the
author) to make the cursors work, so advanced users won't be too harmed since
they can compile a custom Wine to get the games working.  But considering
that C&C 3 is 3rd top rated in the AppDB and has a free demo,  I'd say we
should make it work out-of-the-box.

Bug #8048 to support a shader setting higher than 'lowest' might also be worth

Alexander N. Sørnes