ddraw:d3d tests failing consistently

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Oct 26 08:56:49 CDT 2007

Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2007 15:42:18 schrieb Jakob Eriksson:
> Agree 100%. Windows on vmware is still Windows.
No, I do not agree with that. Using that logic, Windows on Parallels would
still be Windows. However, Parallels uses WineD3D as their Direct3D driver.
Is Windows on Parallels still Windows then, from a d3d point of view?

How about Intel chips then? Many games do not work on those because they
depend on nvidia / ati specific things. I once used wined3d on windows to get
a game like that running on an intel chip. ATI and Nvidia have defined their
own Direct3D as a de-facto standard. Their behavior is sometimes in conflict
with the reference rasterizer, and games depend on that.