Make test drill, next steps, call for help with Winetest

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Sat Oct 27 15:29:00 CDT 2007

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Saturday 27 October 2007 14:03:02 Francois Gouget wrote:
>

>> That's something I've wanted to do for some time and this finally
>> spured me to action. So here's a script that will do essentially the
>> same thing but with VMware Workstation.
>>

> Cool! I think I'll borrow some of your nice extra options. I'm moving
> towards VirtualBox now, it's FOSS, as good as VMware for my purposes
> and less painful to keep running on a bleeding edge Linux distro.

I achieved much the same thing by putting a wget script in the
Auto-startup folder
of Windows.
Then I copy in this vmware windows virtual machine and start it. Then
Windows
itself downloads winetest and upon completion, does a shutdown -h now.
(Via cygwin.)
I often find cygwin a relief when working with Windows.

Just FYI.

regards,
Jakob