fnt2fon: janitorial IgnoredReturnValues

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 14 12:52:20 CDT 2007

Lionel_Debroux <lionel_debroux at yahoo.fr> writes:

> * the current input file (fp) is not always closed when exiting;

Closing the input on exit is useless.

> * the atexit() and signal() calls are placed too late in the program,
> and their return values are not checked;

Their return value is irrelevant, they won't fail, and if they do you
can't do anything useful about it anyway.

> * I've just seen on Michael Stefaniuc's potential issues page that
> Smatch reports a memory leak, and it looks like a legitimate error.

Memory leaks in a short lived tool like fnt2fon don't really matter.

I'm not saying these things can't be fixed, but the effort has to be
proportional to the results, and in the case of something like fnt2fon
it's most likely not worth it. It's better to spend time fixing bugs
in the dlls.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org