Would like to contribute to wine

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 18:15:52 CDT 2007

On 9/23/07, Detlef Riekenberg <wine.dev at web.de> wrote:
> On Mo, 2007-09-10 at 10:06 -0600, Jesse Allen wrote:
> > What about the Drv* functions?
> Drv* are implemented by the Driver, while Eng* and Friends are
> the Graphic Rendering Engine (on windows in win32k.sys).
> The Exports in GDI are parts of the GRE for Usermode Printer Drivers.

Correct but we don't have it in Wine. If we added the Drv functions,
while I have the parts of the DIB engine unimplemented, I could
forward back to the driver alot easier. There is maybe another way,
but having Drv functions make sense in my mind.

> > Also, I wonder how your Eng* functions would integrate with the dib
> > engine I'm writing
> The main Problem with the Rendering-API in Wine
> (between GDI and our Drivers: winex11, wineps, mfdrv, enhmfdrv)
> is more like win3x and far away from DDI (Device Driver Interface).

Do the Eng functions have to be based on DDI? Or can we use it with my
DIB engine?