Would like to contribute to wine

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Mon Sep 24 06:20:03 CDT 2007

On So, 2007-09-23 at 17:15 -0600, Jesse Allen wrote:

> Correct but we don't have it in Wine. If we added the Drv functions,
> while I have the parts of the DIB engine unimplemented, I could
> forward back to the driver alot easier. There is maybe another way,
> but having Drv functions make sense in my mind.

That would be perfect (IMHO), when our Drivers (winex11, wineps) use
DDI as API.
I dont know our Driver-Code in this Area good enough, but I expect that
this big change need a lot of testing.

> > > Also, I wonder how your Eng* functions would integrate with the dib
> > > engine I'm writing
> >
> > The main Problem with the Rendering-API in Wine
> > (between GDI and our Drivers: winex11, wineps, mfdrv, enhmfdrv)
> > is more like win3x and far away from DDI (Device Driver Interface).
> >

> Do the Eng functions have to be based on DDI? Or can we use it with my
> DIB engine?

The DIB-Engine on Windows are the main Part behind Eng* and Friends and
MS defined DDI as API for that.
I had no time yet to look in your DIB-Engine.

--

By by ... Detlef