pdh: add tests for XP variant of api call

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Mon Sep 24 07:08:12 CDT 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 12:13:50 Jeff Latimer wrote:

> This patch adds the variations to the api that XP implements.  My
> assumption is that these changes will, mostly, be reflected in 2003 and
> Vista.  I can't check them so if someone could give them a run and let
> know, that would be fine.  I will get on with adding the variations to pdh.c

All tests succeed here on 2003 without your patch. Even if APIs return
different values on different versions of Windows we should not add version
checks. Instead we should accept all possible return values or remove the
test altogether when it's clear that you cannot depend on specific return
values.

 -Hans