Including Mono within a Wine package - should Wine expect this?

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:55:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

> 1) support for mixed assemblies in Mono for Windows

I'm trying to do some work on that.

> 2) porting Mono's WinForms on top of Wine gdiplus
> instead of Mono gdiplus (and making it more win32-ish as
> a result)

Mono is using MS GDI+ on Windows since it uses GDI+. Mono's libgdiplus is
only used on non-Windows platforms. If Wine's GDI+ is not supported by Mono
(I haven't tried) it's Wine's GDI+ that has to be fixed because Mono works
perfectly with MS GDI+.

I also suggested on mono-devel-list that process creation and module loading
for managed modules should be supported by ntdll.dll via callbacks to
mscoree.dll as described in
http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/2008-April/027491.html

Kornél