Including Mono within a Wine package - should Wine expect this?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Apr 13 15:50:58 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Kornél Pál <kornelpal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) support for mixed assemblies in Mono for Windows
>
>  I'm trying to do some work on that.

Cool!

> > 2) porting Mono's WinForms on top of Wine gdiplus
> > instead of Mono gdiplus (and making it more win32-ish as
> > a result)
>
>  Mono is using MS GDI+ on Windows since it uses GDI+. Mono's libgdiplus is
> only used on non-Windows platforms.

I guess I assumed that Mono used native WinForms on Windows,
and that its winforms code was only used on Linux.  I clearly
don't know enough about Mono to discuss it intelligently :-)

>  I also suggested on mono-devel-list that process creation and module
> to mscoree.dll as described in
>  http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/2008-April/027491.html

That's interesting info, thanks.

At the moment you seem to be taking the lead on these issues.
Please let us know how it goes.
- Dan