RFC: detecting wine drivers in the audio tests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Apr 30 07:03:26 CDT 2008

Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> writes:

> The returned result of some audio functions on windows may be
> inconsistent because a driver may actually supply the returned value.
>
> This presents a problem for the wine regression tests because a buggy
> driver may return an unexpected result which causes the test to fail.

If the driver is buggy then it's OK for the test to fail. We don't need
the tests to succeed on every single Windows machine out there, just on
a reasonable sample. Either the failure is common and it means the test
is useless and should be removed, or the failure is rare and we can live
with it. We certainly can't rely on Wine drivers being identifiable, as
this may break some apps.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org