World of Warcraft's Current Perforamnce Rating

Jarred Sumner jarredsumner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 18:23:31 CDT 2008

Dear Wine Dev's,

    It seems that as of wine 1.1.0 and later, Almost Every Game's
performance that I play on linux has vastly improved. Those games are:

   - World of Warcraft
   - City of Heroes
   - Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

World of Warcraft's Performance has reached higher levels than Windows XP
Professional Service Pack 3. It runs 85 FPS whereas on Windows it runs 75fps
averagely

City of Heroes runs the same on Windows as on Linux

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Runs a little better due to the fact that
there is no anti-aliasing (With the patches provided on the appdb)

Great Job with this wine development team!

I have tested these games on the following distrobutions:

Arch CORE
Ubuntu 8.04.1 & 8.04
Slackware 12.1

Thank You for making gaming on Linux Playable!

Sincerely,
Jarrhed