Unwanted WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC notification

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Aug 15 07:40:28 CDT 2008

Matt wrote:
> I've been trying to debug a problem with Adobe Indesign CS where the
> application crashes while creating the file open dialog box.  Now I believe
> (not 100% sure) I have tracked down the problem to a spurious
> WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC notification.

Thanks for looking into this.  This is a key app needed by many
schools and companies, but we haven't had enough time to
give it the attention it deserves.

Please file a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org
including all the info needed to reproduce the
bug (ideally with a trial version; you can find download
URLs at http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeIndesign
And attach your test case source there.

If you want to go a little further, rewrite your test case
in plain C instead of C++ (should be easy).

And if you want to go even further, integrate it into
our existing message tests,
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/user32/tests/msg.c
which already do have some tests for WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC.

One note of caution: the user32/msg.c tests don't all pass
on Wine, see
http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures
and
http://test.winehq.org/data/520ab5c261706f6118a85a82ba84213932ba76e7/#group_Wine:user32:msg