Add TRACEs to NtCreateFile returns (second try)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Aug 26 05:43:03 CDT 2008

Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> writes:

> It's returned, but won't show up in the console. I thought the idea
> of TRACE()s is to allow some sort of cheap printf()-style debugging
> and should be complete.

It can't be complete, that would make it totally unmanageable, and make
the code unreadable. It's a trade-off between quality and quantity of
information. Module-specific traces like this one should try to print as
little information as necessary to make sense of the trace, so that the
resulting log is manageable. In general a single trace at function entry
is enough to understand the code flow. If you want details like the
exact error codes you can use +relay or +server.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org