wineconsole: Wait on events in curses backend using select instead of poll

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Dec 4 04:32:55 CST 2008

James McKenzie wrote:
> This will have to be setup so that it only works for Macs.
> ... it does not belong in the Wine code stack.

Why?  Select is a perfectly reasonable choice -- and
arguably preferable to poll -- when you are absolutely
sure that no file descriptor higher than 1023 can be
passed to it.   (e.g. when you're using it in a program
that does not open many file descriptors, or when
you're using it with no file descriptors, as a nice sleep).

I think wineconsole is an example of an app that does
not open many file descriptors, so select is fine there.
- Dan