kernel32: Remove _hread16() as it is not used. Move _hwrite16() next to the other related functions.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Dec 12 04:51:11 CST 2008

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> The krnl386.exe.spec file points _hread() to WIN16_hread() so that this
> _hread16() function is unused.
>
> The naming of these implementations is a bit inconsistent but it may not
> be worth a patch to fix it (but if it is I'll gladly send one).

The reason for the inconsistent naming is that the xxx16 functions are
16-bit implementations usable from normal Wine code, while the WIN16_xxx
ones have different calling sequences and are for use by the relay code
only. That's why we had both WIN16_hread and hread16. Of course at this
point we shouldn't be calling 16-bit functions from Wine code, so it no
longer matters.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org