Canonical and wine

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:59:00 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you have a bit too much faith in the AppDB. If I had a nickel
> for every times I've seen platinum and gold ratings for apps that had
> dozens of native dlls or complicated scripts to work around wine bugs,
> I'd be a much richer man.
>
> I know that this wouldn't be used for a lot of apps, just really
> popular ones that (assumedly) at least a few developers have
> used/verified, but worth pointing out nonetheless.

It might be possible to have some sort of certification system setup
whereby the maintainer of the appdb entry signs off on the information
being correct. I could see a fit for some sort of tool being developed
to automate this whole process for apps that are certified but this is
thinking too far ahead. When I get some time I'll see if I can put
together a proof of concept IE deb package.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards