Compiling dbghelp with MinGW

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Sun Dec 21 06:39:44 CST 2008

Francois Gouget a écrit :
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Eric Pouech wrote:
> [...]
>>>  1) #ifdef-out regexp support if regex.h is missing? Maybe with     an
>>> autoconf check for regcomp()?
>>>  2) Add some reg*() stubs that do nothing if regex.h & co are missing?
> [...]
>> 1,2) most of the dbghelp code will be of no use if no regex support is present
> It still feels wrong for Wine to fail compiling just because a regular
> expression library is missing. If we can compile Wine without X we
> should be able to compile it without a regular expression library.
I'd rather say a system without regex support is broken. even macos
seems to have it ;-)
but I agree the configure output should be clearer about this dependancy

Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)