Compiling dbghelp with MinGW

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Thu Dec 18 03:16:25 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Eric Pouech wrote:
> >  1) #ifdef-out regexp support if regex.h is missing? Maybe with     an
> > autoconf check for regcomp()?
> >  2) Add some reg*() stubs that do nothing if regex.h & co are missing?
> 1,2) most of the dbghelp code will be of no use if no regex support is present

It still feels wrong for Wine to fail compiling just because a regular
expression library is missing. If we can compile Wine without X we
should be able to compile it without a regular expression library.

> *** new option *** 5) use a regex lib for mingw... that work(ed) just fine

I will install it. It would be nice if they had a Debian package for it.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.