Linking to a Mac OS X build of Wine from ?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at
Sun Dec 21 20:21:52 CST 2008

Nathaniel Gray wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
>>> Most importantly we need to get rid of the Darwine name. It causes a lot of unneeded confusion.
>> Yes, I would like to keep Darwine as the name of the old powerpc project
>> that combined an x86 emulator and wine.
>> Can we convince Mike and Zach to switch names to just plain Wine?
> As one who just spent several days trying to figure this stuff out and
> still isn't quite sure he got it right, I'd like to add "pretty
> please?"
I would like to see something like the following (and it follows the strategy for releases):

So Wine for the Mac Intel would appear like this:

Where Wine for a X86 for Ubuntu 8.1 would appear like this for an x86:

Wine-1.1.9-Ubuntu8.10-x86-apt.tar.gz (assuming that the release was in

What do the rest of you think?

James McKenzie