Linking to a Mac OS X build of Wine from winehq.org/download ?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 21 20:31:48 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:21 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I would like to see something like the following (and it follows the
> OpenOffice.org strategy for releases):
>
> Wine-<version>-<platform>-<CPU>-<installer>.<compression-type>
>
> So Wine for the Mac Intel would appear like this:
>
> Wine-1.1.9-MacOSX-Intel-DragnDrop.dmg
>
> Where Wine for a X86 for Ubuntu 8.1 would appear like this for an x86:
>
> Wine-1.1.9-Ubuntu8.10-x86-apt.tar.gz (assuming that the release was in
> tar.gz.)

It might make sense for .tar.gz files, but it doesn't make too much
sense for .deb and .rpm files, which already have names which are
dictated to some extent by the repository they're in.

Also, ideally, I'd rather see somewhat less distro-specific builds
of Wine anyway.   Not sure how practical that is, though,
until we can build against LSB.