Bugzilla - CVS/GIT tag

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 15:33:20 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov
<dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> "Austin English" <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
>> <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

>>> Agreed. Non need to generate huge volume of spam changing all the old
>>> versions. Especially for closed bugs.
>>
>> Well, they all have to be moved so we can delete that version. I meant
>> that anything that was before 0.9 will be labeled as 0.9.
>
> I'd suggest to replace CVS/GIT tag in existing bugs buy "unknown" and
> ask the reporter to fix it (as I initially suggested when I proposed
> to get rid CVS/GIT tag).
>
> --
> Dmitry.

I was attempting to avoid more bugzilla e-mails to set the version,
and considering that most people won't know the version that they were
using that long ago, it's at most a futile effort.

Either way's fine with me, I'd just like to eliminate the version tag
so we can quit getting 'CVS/GIT is deprecated e-mails'.

--
-Austin