Implementing dxdiag as student project?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Dec 28 08:50:52 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... I think the main use of such an application would be
> dumping information like supported caps, texture formats, etc in case
> of D3D and supported extensions, pixelformats, various limits, drivers
> strings, etc. for OpenGL.

OK.  Can you list the main Win32 API calls you'd like such
an app to use to retrieve information?

Also, isn't it annoying that native dxdiag always says
the graphics card is X Windows?  Why is that, and
should we change Wine so that the true card's info
is reported by native dxdiag?

> We could add some tests to see if basic
> D3D is working, but on its own I don't think that adds
> much over glxinfo & glxgears.

Ah, but it's easy and fun :-)
Maybe they could throw in a shader test or something...
- Dan