CreateScalableFontResourceW

Colin Davis cdavis at darkenedsky.com
Tue Dec 30 16:22:33 CST 2008

Good Evening,

Can anyone help me to understand what the Status of
CreateScalableFontResource is? I had asked the IRC room, which directed
me to wine-users, and wine-users directed me here.

I have an application that uses CreateScalableFontResourceW to load a
bundled font, and unfortunately, in 1.1.11 it fails to load.

Looking at the souce for this method, it appears to be a stub in the
current development version, but Jeremy White had created an
implementation for it back in April
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.patches/49885)

I can also see that as of 10/19, he was still working on the feature
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/63872/match=createscalablefontresource)

If anyone has been able to get this to work successfully, I'd love to
hear about it, and to try to understand what the current blockers on
this feature.

Thanks for any advice,
Colin