Next big app(s) to try?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 17 03:15:24 CST 2008

Now that Adobe Photoshop CS2 is running kind of
well (there are bugs that need fixing, but I'm trying
to look ahead a bit), what big app(s) are worth focusing on next?

Using http://wiki.winehq.org/LinuxApplicatonRequestSurvey,
skipping Photoshop (which we should continue to fix up)
and the ones that are either too hard, have native versions,
or are probably something Codeweavers might already be
doing, and adding in good old Framemaker (so close to working
we might want to go for it just for the goodwill from all
those tech writers),  I think that leaves about seven big
ticket apps, in rough order of popularity:

http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeDreamweaver
iTunes
http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeIllustrator
http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeFlash
http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobePremiere
http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeAcrobatPro
http://wiki.winehq.org/AdobeFramemaker

I've created wiki pages with trial download URLs for all but iTunes,
and done a bunch of triage on them.
Most of these could all use more triage and bugs filed.
At some point the dust might settle, and it might become
clearer which one(s) deserve to be focused on.
I think Maarten is going to try iTunes, which would be great.
- Dan