autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:34:46 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 10:48 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> wrote:

> We probably need some tool to edit Run and RunOnce entries now.
>

>maybe we need a tool like msconfig for managing services or a page on winecfg.

Id say so, a one stop place for anything that has a chance to get
executed on startup:

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ RunServices
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ RunServicesOnce
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ RunOnce\Setup
above are listed from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137367
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
* HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
* HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
* autoexec.bat
* config.sys
* startup folder
* system.ini

Any other areas that windows uses to launch programs when starting up?

Regards,
John Klehm