Towards Zero Test Suite Failures

Zachary Goldberg zgold550 at
Sun Jan 13 22:30:25 CST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 6:53 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> On my machine, we've been hovering between
> five and ten test suite failures for some time
> (see )
> IMHO one of the hallmarks of 1.0 should be reliably
> getting zero test suite failures.
> That would make regressions stand out like sore thumbs
> instead of requiring developers to diff results
> before and after their changes, and might
> result in fewer regressions getting committed.
> How 'bout folks spend some time tracking
> the current six odd failures down and cleaning them up?
> - Dan
> --
> Wine for Windows ISVs:

Sounds like a worthy goal IMO.  It seems theres much more than 5 or 6
things which need work though:   Perhaps we should try and
have the nightly suite also pass all tests -- or is this too much of a
frivolous goal?

Zachary Goldberg
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical Captain of Penn Electric Race Team
School of Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania