SVN usage for Wine

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Jan 15 16:23:08 CST 2008

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, James McKenzie wrote:
> Where are you getting your git code from and does it require any patches
> to make it compile and run on MacOSX 10.4?

Rob probably installed his Git from Fink.
I've installed mine using MacPorts. Here's the recipe in case you're

MacPorts needs Xcode because it installs applications from the source.
So make sure Xcode is installed first. Because it compiles applications
from source it can take a bit.

Then grab the Mac OS X Package Installer from and follow the installation
instructions on that page.

Once that's done you can install git with the following command:

$ sudo port -v install git-core

Because Git uses Ssh, MacPorts also installed its own Ssh version which
unfortunately was buggy. If this happens to you, delete (or rename) scp,
slogin and ssh in /opt/local/bin.

The part about ssh may be why you had stability problems with Git. As
far as I can tell my workaround works just fine.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                           La terre est une b