SVN usage for Wine

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 15 16:23:08 CST 2008

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, James McKenzie wrote:
[...]
> Where are you getting your git code from and does it require any patches
> to make it compile and run on MacOSX 10.4?

Rob probably installed his Git from Fink.
I've installed mine using MacPorts. Here's the recipe in case you're
interested:

---
MacPorts needs Xcode because it installs applications from the source.
So make sure Xcode is installed first. Because it compiles applications
from source it can take a bit.

Then grab the Mac OS X Package Installer from
http://www.macports.org/install.php and follow the installation
instructions on that page.

Once that's done you can install git with the following command:

$ sudo port -v install git-core

Because Git uses Ssh, MacPorts also installed its own Ssh version which
unfortunately was buggy. If this happens to you, delete (or rename) scp,
slogin and ssh in /opt/local/bin.
---

The part about ssh may be why you had stability problems with Git. As
far as I can tell my workaround works just fine.

                           La terre est une b