Easy usage of native DLLs in Linux programs

Radovan Skolnik radovan at skolnik.info
Wed Jan 16 08:46:31 CST 2008

Hello!

I have found this old thread dealing exactly with what I need:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-April/046779.html

It basically proposes a work to be done to allow loading native Windows DLLs
into Linux binaries (for example loading WinAmp plugins into
xine/mplayer/gst/...).

I am in the need to use a small DLL (no GUI, just few APIs that are all
already implemented) which I have no source code to.

Has this initiative progressed to something? If not can anybody advise on how
I shoudl proceed wrapping native DLL into .so? I have looked over the mplayer
code to load Windows codecs but I couldn't really grasp the idea - the are no
comments with the code :-(

Thank you and best regards

	Radovan Skolnik