ddraw: ddrawmodes test failures (all platforms)

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 29 12:16:38 CST 2008

On 26/01/2008, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stefan Dösinger wrote:

> >> I don't think so. My system (called xanlosch) is a real XP system with
> >> an ATI Mobility 9700 graphic card with one of the latest ATI drivers
> >> (7.11er catalyst drivers). Maybe an ATI driver issue?
> >
> Just ran the test on my real WinXP box (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) with the same
> results:
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/200801161000/xp_XPSP2-HOME-NL/ddraw:ddrawmodes.txt

The options for this are:

   1.  Remove this test case.

   2.  Set the data member being checked to 0xdeadbeef or similar
value, then check if the data member has been set. Ideally, this would
need to be done before every call into the callback function where
this check is happening, but this may not be possible.

I prefer option 2, as this tests if the data member is set (even if it
is set to 0) when the specified flag is set.

Any takers?

- Reece