CUDA wrapper

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:38:53 CDT 2008

I've spent the whole day reading different things and I'm just not sure why
it is creating an empty file. I'm still getting the same error messages even
when using winemaker correctly.

shelnutt at Ubuntu32-L:~/wine/patches/cuda$ make
winegcc -shared cuda.dll.spec -mno-cygwin -o cuda.dll.so cudart.o
/usr/local/cuda/lib/libcudart.so.2.0  -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lwinspool
-luuid -lcudart
gcc: /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcudart.so.2.0: linker input file unused because
linking not done
winebuild: libcudart.so.2-jP21n2.o is an empty file
winegcc: winebuild failed
make: *** [cuda.dll.so] Error 2

Can someone at least point me in the right direction? Google gives me
nothing and I can't find anything about this.
 I know the linking part is just saying that there is no need to link in
this file.

Now I thought it might be because I don't have a proper .res file as
winemaker didn't set it up to build one. I used winebuild
 winebuild --dll -fPIC -o -spec -Ecuda.dll.spec

and now I the -spec file which has some interesting code but I have no clue
what to do with it. I think I need to use wrc to compile a .res file but it
wants a .res file as input.

My coding is good, now I'm just trying to figure out how to get wine to
compile the damn thing.