CUDA wrapper

Stefan Dösinger stefan at
Wed Jul 9 23:01:09 CDT 2008

Wine links against from /usr/lib/ or wherever it is. You don't
have to put it in C:\windows\... .

You can put a TRACE or ERR into the cudaMalloc(or whatever) function
implementation in your code to write a message to check if the functions are
properly called. I suspect they are, and that writes those
errors. This would then mean that the Windows and Linux cuda libraries are
different, and some features are missing in the Linux version. If that is
true, the only thing you can do is to contact Nvidia and ask them for help

From: wine-devel-bounces at [mailto:wine-devel-bounces at]
On Behalf Of Seth Shelnutt
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:23 PM
To: Juan Lang; wine-devel at
Subject: Re: CUDA wrapper

Well at least it compiled, but it isn't working. We are still getting the
message that the function isn't implemented.

Initializing Nvidia gpu library
cudaMalloc CUDAStream::Allocate failed feature is not yet implemented

Now both cudamalloc and all four cuda stream's, cudaStreamCreate, Destroy,
Query and Synchronize were implemented.
I thought maybe it was because in the spec file I had the cudaStream's as
pointers (ptr) so I switched them to long but ti didn't make a difference.
Originally the argument was "stream" but I can't get any argument but ptr
and long to pass the winegcc for spec files.

Does wine need to somehow be made aware of the presence of the
file? We tried putting it in both the system32 and the lib folder but it
seems also that maybe WINE needs to be made aware of it?