notepad: updated French translation

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:59:36 CDT 2008

2008/6/7 Jonathan Ernst <jonathan at ernstfamily.ch>:
> Le samedi 07 juin 2008 à 10:57 +0200, Laurent Vromman a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if it is important since the translation is grammatically
>> correct, but in windows (I checked on XP SP2), the exact translation is
>>
>> "À &propos du Bloc-notes..." and not "À &propos de Bloc-notes..."
>
> I changed it and removed the extra ellipsis to conform to most HIGs (eg. Gnome's : http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-diff/menus-design.html)

The Windows style is to include the ellipsis whenever a menu item will
normally result in a dialog box appearing, not just when further user
input is required. I think it is more important to be consistent with
what we already have in Wine and with native equivalents of our
programs than to conform with certain HIGs.

--
Rob Shearman