[1/2] wined3d: Report post pixelshader blending on WINED3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:16:40 CDT 2008

2008/6/23 Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think we should implement it this way. For instance on GeforceFX cards blending is performed in software. Not too long ago (before 1.0) I also sent a patch for this e.g. by doing an extension check. I think I checked for ARB_color_buffer_float in combination with half pixel support.

The format already requires ARB_HALF_FLOAT_PIXEL, which is supported
by GF FX. The format also requires ARB_TEXTURE_FLOAT to work properly,
which as far as I can see from the list at Delphi3D isn't supported by
GF FX. The next patch adds this extension check. Wrt
ARB_COLOR_BUFFER_FLOAT, I'm not sure how it would imply post ps
blending support?