Something that might be useful for the D3D guys

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 11 14:32:59 CDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 19:21:32 schrieb Daniel:
> Hello there,
>
> while stumbling through the net today, I came upon this [1] little tool.
> It will, among other things, allow you to run apps that are overly picky
> about the level of hardware support your graphic card offers. I found
> that some things (like disabling textures, forcing wireframe mode) work
> in wine 0.9.56 as well, whereas things like lying about the shaders
> seems to fail. Perhaps it can be of some use to those who have to deal
> with D3D.
I've come across that tool before, and it could be useful for verifying some
capability flag problems on Windows. As far as Wine is concerned, we can
archive all the tool does by modifying the WineD3D code.

At some point it would be cool to have a D3D9 thunk that thunks to D3D9, to
have a sort of function hooking DLL, where we can trace all D3D9 calls on
Windows, and modify their behavior.