Free apps bundled with msvcp71?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Mar 12 09:03:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Tom Wickline <twickline at gmail.com> wrote:
>  MSVCP71.dll is the MS Visual C++ 7.1 Runtime Library (which comes with
>  .NET 2003).
>
>  see: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/vbasic/ms789141.aspx  for some info,
>
>  The Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 also bundles MSVCP71.dll and MSVCR71.dll
>  see: http://xona.com/2004/06/29.html

Yes indeed.

>  The Toolkit can be downloaded from xona at :
>  http://xona.com/programs/VCToolkitSetup(v1.01)(2004.07.06).zip (29.9
>  MB)

But not legally; I think the EULA for that package forbids redistribution.

>  I know this isn't a direct MS download but it might help in further
>  investigation :D

Fortunately, I already had a copy of the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003.

I'm still looking for a legal download of some app
that just happens to come with msvcp71.dll.
Ideally it'll be some small app with a trivial installer
that can be run noninteractively, suitable for use inside winetricks.
- Dan