[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 17 09:06:46 CDT 2008

Am Montag, 17. März 2008 10:01:30 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> Also, all the cards that are powerful enough to support a shader
> implementation of fixed function processing support GLSL vertex and
> fragment shaders, so realistically all you really need is a GLSL ffp
> replacement.
That's not quite true, my atifs replacement supports everything on the
fragment side, and that card doesn't support GLSL(not even ARBfp). Also on
the vertex side there are cards that have ARB only and not GLSL. I don't yet
know if we can replace the fixed function vertex pipeline on r200 cards, as
the 128 shader constants seem rather limiting, especially when it comes to
indexed vertex blending. However, it should be able to do non-indexed vertex
blending just fine, and we can get rid of the color conversion.