Translations and Wine 1.0
thestig at google.com
Tue Mar 18 09:56:02 CDT 2008
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> We should try to update the translations of Wine to other languages for
> 1.0. The code freeze during the release candidate time frame is perfect
> for this as the translations don't have to track a moving target.
> Somebody had scripts/a web page to check for missing translations or
> broken ones in the .rc files. But I seem to not enter the right search
> words to find any info regarding that; if somebody has a pointer please
> let me know. It would be nice if we could run that scripts regularly
> during the release candidate time.
Would the Launchpad translations site be helpful?
I think basically the workflow is:
* put phrases that need translation into the work queue.
* select the languages it needs to be translated into.
* people offer suggestions, and launchpad offers suggestions for the
same phrase already translated in other projects.
* pick the most appropriate suggestion.
* watch the percentage bars go up.
(please correct me if this is inaccurate)
More information about the wine-devel