find_dll_file ignoring WINEDLLPATH?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+win at mega-nerd.com
Sat Mar 29 20:24:03 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a windows executable named floating_point_test.exe which
requires a windows DLL that is in another directory. I'm trying
to run the exe from the current dir using:

    WINEDLLPATH="/path/to/dll:$WINEDLLPATH" wine floating_point_test.exe

but wine is not able to find the DLL. I've traced through the code
and ended up in the file dlls/ntdll/loader.c and the function
find_dll_file (). I've added a few printfs and found that when
looking for my DLL, the code ends up in a section with the following
comment:

    /* if libname doesn't contain a path at all, we simply return the name as is,
     * to be loaded as builtin */

It seems that this function makes no use of WINEDLLPATH. Shouldn't
this function also search along the paths specified by the
environment variable?

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo