How to phrase Wine's success rate

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 11:03:05 CDT 2008

> "Of the apps we have tested with Wine, about 20% work well,
> and about another 20% work but have some glitches."

Just my opinion, but that's a terrible idea to put in the 1.0
announcement. The impression I get after reading this is (1) wine is
full of glitches, and (2)  it's being released with 80% of the apps not
working well.

If you're trying to appeal to new users and/or sponsors you should put
more focus on the positives. I don't see Fedora saying "Release features
include X, Y and Z, but X has a bunch of bugs" (X might be full of bugs,
but you don't point this out in your release announcement ).

Ivan