Fixing crashes in Tests (OS version check)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat May 31 03:21:28 CDT 2008

Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've being investigating crashes that occur on Win98 when the tests run.  I
> have fixed a couple already which where trivial. When I attempted to fix the
> snmpapi tests, I have found that i will end up removing alot of tests (~
> 17). If I add a check for the windows version, I can skip the tests that
> will crash, also there is already tests with if(0) around them. What is the
> policy about checking the version of the OS before running certain tests?
>
> Best Regards
>  Alistair Leslie-Hughes

In this particular case you could make use of this fact:

util.c:42:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilAsnAnyCpy) failed
util.c:43:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilAsnAnyFree) failed
util.c:44:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilOctetsCmp) failed
util.c:45:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilOctetsCpy) failed
util.c:46:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilOctetsFree) failed
util.c:47:GetProcAddress(SnmpUtilOctetsNCmp) failed

This happens to be true for win95, win95, winme and NT4.

So if those functions are not available set a variable. Then use that variable
to skip some tests that crash.

As these tests crash on several versions of Windows I think it's worthwhile
doing this.

--
Cheers,

Paul.