shell32: FOF_MULTIDESTFILES must be set when copying files into directory

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 17:47:49 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Louis. Lenders
<xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>Thank you for your answer.
>
>>I agree, that before sending a patch I should write a test first.
>>But the problem is that even a tests are ignored without any explanation.
>>Maybe my tests aren't good, but why anybody just tell what's wrong.

Vitaly claims he gets no feedback for his patches.  He knows full well
that I give him plenty of feedback.  I explained to him what was wrong
with his test SHFileOperation patches, yet he repeatedly sent the same
patch to the list.  I'm not going to repeat the same comment over and
over again.

> Seems to be common habit on this list. I hope you're not added to the
> "Julliard
> ranking s**t list?  Yes: REJECT" ( see
> http://www.winehq.org/?issue=353#WineConf%202008%20Keynote )

Bologna. There is no such list.  Every developer on the project has an
unspoken trust rating, and every long term developer knows said rating
for every other developer, especially Julliard.  When you initially
start submitting patches, your trust rating is low, understandably
since we have no idea of your skill level.  As you submit correct
patches, your trust rating rises.  When you repeatedly send bad
patches, your rating drops.  It is this trust rating that makes patch
reviewers look at a patch from a guy with a low trust rating to say
"Oh, another patch from that guy...it's probably not right."  Our
development model, with such a high bar for entry, is why the Wine
project is such a clean, successful project.  You can keep bitching
about the way it works, or you can do what we all did in the beginning
and get over that hump.  Start small.  Write exhaustive, well-written
test cases for many features.  Test cases are one of the easiest ways
to get new code into the tree.  After a while, start submitting tiny
fixes that fix broken tests.  Through this entire process, you will
become a better developer, guaranteed.

--
James Hawkins