GSoC proposal

cocofan cocofan at mailbolt.com
Wed Apr 1 00:50:59 CDT 2009

   I'm a student interested in applying for Google summer of code and I
was looking over your ideas.  I'm familiar with wine as a user (for
running an occasional windows app I'm forced to run) and I notice one of
your ideas is getting old DOS games to run under wine.  I'm a big fan of
the original Lemmings DOS game but can't get it to work under wine (it
doesn't respond to the pressing of keys or mouse clicks when the
storyboard is up).  Would it be possible to work on getting Lemmings to
work.  I'm not sure this is a problem with VGA though but I wouldn't
mine working on some other old DOS classics (I kind of miss them).
  Also, how detailed you do want the timeline/milestones to be?  I'm not
familiar with the code yet and won't be by the deadline (which is
Friday).  I'm in the process of getting and compiling the code from the
'git' repository though.

                  Dona Hertel