urlmon/misc test and the use of URLZONEREG_DEFAULT

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:49:43 CDT 2009

Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just build me a fresh W2K3 box with SP2 and all updates (including
>> IE7). I get some errors when I run winetest:
>>
>> urlmon:misc
>> misc.c:884: Test failed: (1400) policy=3, expected 0
>> misc.c:884: Test failed: (1e05) policy=10000, expected 20000
>>
>> This particular test test_url_action() checks the registry values
>> under HKLM and then checks with
>> IInternetZoneManager_GetZoneActionPolicy() if it gets the same result.
>>
>> Obviously that failed in my case. It turns out that the returned value
>> came from HKCU and not from HKLM.
>>
>> So the question is, does somebody now what URLZONEREG_DEFAULT defaults
>> to? HKCR or HKLM and is this always the same or are there
>> circumstances that make the default different.
>>
>> I guess I could write a test that checks both HKLM and HKCR and
>> directly modifies the registry values in both hives to see what
>> IInternetZoneManager_GetZoneActionPolicy() is using.
>>
>> Ideas, thoughts?
>>
> I mentioned HKCR in this mail but that should be HKCU of course.

Ok, I see on test.winehq.org that I'm not the only one:

http://test.winehq.org/data/30041c283a77903a1439bef65f96eebbdf90e461/2000_dr-asus/urlmon:misc.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/6b6d18d766893ff10a38a4efbbe5ef4ef8e9828b/xp_dr-asus/urlmon:misc.html

I will do some more testing and extend the tests if needed.

--
Cheers,

Paul.